We will begin the reopening process June 1, 2020 to allow staff to return to prepare to reopen to the public June 15, 2020. Between June 1-12 our buildings will be open to staff only (see schedule below) offering curbside pick-up to patrons placing holds.
Branch Schedules June 1-12, 2020 to prepare branches and offer curbside service:
June 1-12, 2020, staff will be preparing the branches for re-opening by ensuring the following measures are in place:
- Measuring and marking floors at the circulation desk to indicate mandatory 6ft distancing.
- Ensure sneeze guards are installed at the circulation desk.
- Mark aisles to indicate one way directions where necessary
- Move furniture/seating to create mandatory 6ft distancing; store furniture or rope off seating and tables not to be used
- Post COVID-19 signage on front doors
- Create one check in station at the circulation desk where all returned materials, including the book drop, will be checked in and disinfected.
- Create a space for cleaning supplies to reside for easy use by staff
- Create signage, and post, indicating the maximum number of patrons allowed in a space; planning for 50% occupancy on June 15, 2020.
- Offer curbside pick-up for patron holds; it is mandatory all staff wear a mask when interacting with patrons.
Further information will be sent out to staff closer to reopening to ensure they are aware of the mandatory guidelines we must follow.
As stated, the library plans to reopen to the public June 15, 2020 following the necessary guidelines set forth by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Thank you for your support during this unprecedented time! We are taking every measure offered to us to ensure our staff and patrons stay safe and healthy as they visit the library!Bonnie L. Lauver | Interim Library Director | Blackwater Regional Library | 22511 Main Street | Courtland, VA 23837 | 757-653-0298 Ext. 306 | 757-653-9374 Fax | www.blackwaterlib.org