J & DR Court
The Isle of Wight Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court has jurisdiction over cases involving juveniles, defined as individuals under 18 years old in Virginia, as well as other family issues.
- Criminal cases are taken on Mondays at 9:30 a.m. The court hears cases involving felonies and misdemeanors committed within Isle of Wight County. There is an arraignment docket on Mondays and Tuesdays at 8:30 a.m.
- Traffic cases are heard on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Support, Custody and Visitation cases are heard on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Contested Custody cases are heard on Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m.
- Division of Child Support Enforcement cases are heard on the first and third Tuesday of each month.
You may wish to visit the Virginia Judicial System’s Web Site for additional information about the Virginia Court System and the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts.
We are dedicated to the citizens of Isle of Wight and will assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. We are open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please contact us at the information provided below.Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court
Nicole Council, Clerk
P. O. Box 81
17000 Josiah Parker Circle
Isle of Wight, VA 23397