Live Board Meetings
Parks & Rec
Animal Services

Document Library

Single Family Home Land Disturbance Forms & Information

Responsible Land Disturber Form

Effective October 1, 2014 all permits will be issued from the Central Permitting Office.  For general questions related to permits please contact the permit technicians at (757) 365-6211 or (757) 365-6213.
All Single Family Homes that are issued an Agreement in Lieu of an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan will be required to pass an initial E&S inspection prior to issuance of a Building Permit. The initial E&S inspection will not be performed until the Agreement in Lieu of an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan, the Agreement in Lieu of a Stormwater Plan (if applicable), and Zoning Permit(s) are issued and all applicable fees are paid.

Beginning July 1, 2013, all residential homes on public roads will need to provide a copy of their VDOT Land Use Permit to install a proposed driveway PRIOR to receiving any local permits.  The VDOT Land Use Permit application is provided below.  To contact the VDOT office that serves Isle of Wight County, please call (757) 925-2500.  

Commercial Land Disturbance Forms & Information

Once the appropriate forms and information has been received for a commercial project and the Site Plan has been approved, the VSMP Authority Permit Application and Land Disturbing Agreement will be provided to the applicant for completion prior to permit issuance.  Any questions about this process can be directed to the Stormwater Division by calling (757) 365-1659 or emailing

Requesting a Land Disturbance Bond Release
Sites that are ready for a Land Disturbance bond release may request the release after a final E&S inspection is performed from the Stormwater Division.  To schedule a final E&S inspection, please call (757) 365-1659. Once the final inspection has been approved, the Stormwater Division MUST receive a written request from the person(s) that posted the bond stating the following:

1. Site/Project Name
2. Amount of bond, including the Bond Number if a Letter of Credit, Surety Bond, or Insurance Policy was posted, and/or
3. If a Cashier’s Check was posted, the name and address for the refund to be mailed to.

If the site was bonded through a Letter of Credit, Surety Bond, or Insurance Policy, a letter from the Stormwater Division will be sent to the bonding institution requesting the release of the bond.  If a Cashier’s Check was posted for the bond, please allow 4-6 weeks for monies to be refunded.

Landscaping Bonds are issued by the Department of Planning & Zoning AND released by that Department.  The Stormwater Division does not inspect for nor release Landscaping Bonds.  Please call the Department of Planning & Zoning with any questions regarding Landscaping Bonds at (757) 357-9206.

Land Disturbing Resources
Low Impact Development Checklist

VDOT Land Use Permit Information & Application – For additional information and resources, please visit the VDOT’s Land Use Permits website.

General Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities (VSMP) Information & Application