The Information Technology Department facilitates the use of technology in providing services to the citizens of Isle of Wight County. The Department manages the County’s network infrastructure; maintains hardware, software and database resources for County Departments and Constitutional Offices; supports web and electronic services; and provides for the retention, back-up and recovery of data. The Department also oversees the management of the Geographic Information System, which is used to store, analyze and display spatial data relative to the physical characteristics of land in the County. The Department strives to implement new technologies as strategic solutions to improve the productivity and effectiveness of the work environment.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Improve the speed and connectivity of the County’s network infrastructure.
- Reduce downtime associated with hardware and software support issues.
- Increase the availability of services to citizens by expanding web-based electronic services.
- Implement a disaster recovery plan with greater frequency of backups and longer retention periods.
- Improve the functionality of the GIS by providing updated data and improved access to data.
- Advance the training opportunities provided to users.
Jason Gray, Director
P.O. Box 80
17124 Monument Cir.
Isle of Wight, VA 23397