It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to serve as a strategic partner providing the following quality services to the employees of Isle of Wight County:
- Recruitment of qualified diverse individuals
- Retention of valuable engaged employees
- Comprehensive total compensation package including valuable benefit and work life options that support employees throughout their career and into retirement
- A safe and healthful working environment
- Training and development to promote individual and team success and increase overall value to the County
- Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale and performance through recognition, effective communication and feedback
- Guidance and resources for administering policies and procedures
These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun!
Our team of dedicated public service professionals are committed to the IOWC Team Values of:
- Demonstrated Team Spirit
Provide leadership in supporting and promoting a diverse, high-performing and healthier workforce to enhance quality of life for all County employees and quality of service to our citizens.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Isle of Wight County maintains and promotes equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, as well as childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, sexual orientation, and gender identity), religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or other non-job related characteristic protected by applicable law.
Military Friendly Employer
Isle of Wight County is a certified Virginia Values Veterans (V3) locality and promotes the hiring and retention of a highly-skilled talent pool of veterans. We believe veterans provide tremendous experience, leadership, and integrity and are committed to increasing our hiring of veterans.
ACT, WorkKeys, National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT, WorkKeys, NCRC) Endorsing Employer
Isle of Wight County is an endorsing employer of the ACT® WorkKeys® National Career Readiness Certificate® (ACT® WorkKeys® NCRC®), which is an assessment-based credential. The NCRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations. Applicants for employment are encouraged to include any NCRC certification information on applications for employment.
P.O. Box 80
17090 Monument Cir.
Isle of Wight, VA 23397