Start Permit Process
I want information on …..
- Building a new Residence (not garage or accessory apartment)
- Building an Accessory Apartment
- Building an Accessory Structure (non habitable) (i.e. carport, shed, etc)
- Altering my existing home or accessory structure
- Building a Deck, Porch or Handicap Ramp
- Building a Fence, Patio, Driveway or Retaining Wall
- Installing a Mobile Home (Park or Private Land)
- Installing a Pool or Hot Tub (in ground or above ground)
- Installing a Sign
- Applying for a Home Occupation
- Applying for an Electrical, Mechanical and/or Plumbing Permit
- Applying for a Nonresidential Use or Structure Permit (New and existing)
- Applying for a Temporary Tent
Paying for a Permit or Application (after request has been made by Central Permitting Staff for payment).
You can submit applications and plans via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Plans must be in one complete PDF file to submit digitally) or they can be submitted in our office between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
Our address is 17140 Monument Circle, Suite 100, Isle of Wight VA 23397. We are in Building B which is the 2-story brick building across from the Historic Boykins Tavern. Our office is on the right, through the double glass doors.
The application review time is approximately ten (10) days. Review times may be shorter or longer depending on the current work volume of the department. Review times may be longer if all required materials are not submitted at the time of application.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
**Please take a moment to complete the short survey at the following link. This will assist us in making sure we provide the best service possible.