News and Opportunities
Blackwater-Nottoway Riverkeeper Program
Meets every second Wednesday at the Paul D. Camp Community College Workforce Development Center in Franklin, Va. at 7:30 p.m. The public is always invited. Click here for more info.
Prevent sewer overflows and keep your septic functioning properly!
See the Fat Free Drains website for information and tips.
askHRGreen Blog and Website for the latest news and information on how to make greener choices every day and be an environmental steward! Isle Be Green Blog – Practicing environmental responsibility in Isle of Wight County! Check back often for updates on plastic bag recycling at our elementary schools! Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) – Frequently Asked Questions.
- Virginia Stormwater Management Handbook
- DEQ’s Virginia Stormwater Management Program (VSMP)
- Chesapeake Club Ads on lawn fertilization- Save the Crabs, Sod, Appetizers
- VDOT Customer Service & Complaint Center – (800) 367-7623
Erosion and Sediment Control
- DEQ’s E&S Program Homepage
- Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Handbook
- Isle of Wight County Ordinances – Including Stormwater and Erosion and Sediment Control
- Take a soil test BEFORE you fertilize your lawn – it is easy and inexpensive. Download Virginia Tech’s soil sample form and instructions for homeowners.
- Homeowners Guide – Ways you can reduce the amount you pollute and improve water quality; published by the Maryland Coastal Bays program.
- Rainscaping – Visit this informative website for environmental resources and ideas for your yard.
For more information, please contact the Stormwater Division at (757) 365-1659.Department of Utility Services
17140 Monument Circle, Suite 201
P.O. Box 80
Isle of Wight, VA 23397