The proposed FY 2016-2025 Capital Improvements Plan and Presentation are available for review on the County’s website. The CIP is a planning tool that is used as a guide for future capital spending over the next 10 years in the areas of Public Utilities, Stormwater, and General Government (Parks & Recreation, Buildings & Facilities, Public Safety, Transportation, Schools, and Economic Development). A public hearing on the proposed CIP will be held at the Board of Supervisors’ February 19th meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Recent Virginia winters have been cold and snowy, and many people had power outages. It’s important to be winter-ready! No matter the predictions, a significant winter storm is always possible. An important part of winter weather planning is being prepared to stay where you are until conditions improve. To help you prepare, take these steps:
Get a kit. Basic emergency supplies include:
- Three days’ food that doesn’t need refrigeration or electricity to prepare it
- Three days’ water (a gallon per person per day)
- A battery-powered and/or hand-crank radio with extra batteries
- For businesses and offices, some bottles of water, food bars and a radio or TV to hear local information about whether or not it is safe to travel
- A power pack for recharging cell phones and other mobile devices