General Registrar-Director Elections
Deputy Registrar-Candidate Coordinator
Elections & Training Coordinator
Location & Hours of Operation
17106 Monument Circle
P.O. Box 77
Isle of Wight, VA 23397
Monday through Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Click here for the results of the Smithfield Town Election
The deadline to apply to have a ballot mailed to you for the November General Election (Presidential) is Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
Note: The Governor is exercising his statutory authority (§ 24.2-603.1 of the Code of Virginia) to move the June primary elections from June 9, 2020 to June 23, 2020. Click here for Republican Primary Information.
Windsor Town Center
Notices have been mailed to all Windsor and Carrsville Precinct voters who are affected by this change. If you need further information regarding these changes, please feel free to contact the Registrar’s Office at 757-365-6230.
- Valid* Virginia Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Valid Virginia DMV-issued Veteran’s ID Card
- Valid United States Passport
- Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by US Government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the Commonwealth)
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal ID issued by one of 11 tribes recognized by the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (must be from an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
- Valid student ID issued by a public school or private school in Virginia displaying a photo
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business
If you do not have an acceptable form of identification, please contact our office for a free ID. For more information, go to https://www.elections.virginia.gov or call 1-800-552-9745.
Writ of Election
A Writ of Election has been issued stating that a special election shall occur on November 3, 2020 to elect the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Isle of Wight County to serve out the remaining term of Sharon N. Jones, which expires on December 31, 2023. Anyone interested in becoming a candidate for this position may pick up a candidate packet from the Registrar’s office. The deadline to submit the required forms to appear on the ballot for this special election is August 14 at 5:00 pm.