Alcohol HelpSurvivors of trauma experiencing alcohol addiction + their loved ones can consult Alcohol Help to learn about treatment/recovery options. Read More
Bikers Against Child Abuse
- Provides support to children of child abuse
- Court accompaniment
- Encourages safety for survivors of child abuse
- Educates community on child abuse
Center for Child & Family ServicesProvides counseling services of various types to children, families & individuals.
- Anger management
- DV counseling
- Shoplifting intervention
- Substance abuse services
LGBT Life Center
- Medical case management
- Assistance with housing/meals
- Free HIV/STI testing
- 1919 Commerce Drive, Suite 240 Hampton, VA 23666
Make The Connection - Group Therapy/Peer SupportSearchable tool for military veterans to find support through group therapy & other mental health resources. Read More
National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA)
- Provides Crisis Response to critical local, state & national crisis scenarios
- Provides credentialing to advocates across the nation
- Hosts trainings & webinars for advocates & the public
- Resources for victims of crime
Office for Victims of Crime (OVC)The agency responsible for dispersing grants, funding & programs for victims of crime across the nation.
Office of the Attorney General (OAG)Oversees all state level attorney functions.
NOT AN ATTORNEY'S OFFICE FOR PRIVATE CITIZENS.
They have a variety of awareness campaigns, including human trafficking, cyber safety and the Lethality Assessment Program. Contact us for more info. Read More
Smithfield Christian CounselingProvides counseling services for a variety of circumstances.
- Individual Counseling
- Trauma Counseling
VA Department of Corrections - Victim ServicesProvides services to victims of crime where offenders are serving in STATE level facilities.
- Notification (release, transfer, parole, etc)
- Victim-Offender Dialogue Program
- Explnation of incarceration, probation/parole, re-entry
Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
- Research on criminal justice issues in VA
- Planning for criminal justice issues in VA
- Distributes funding to localities
- Training for legal professionals & law enforcement
Virginia Legal Aid Society - SuffolkFor victims of domestic violence, please contact Nell Cyr at (757) 357-3526 for a referral.
Legal aid can assist where the IOW CA's Office cannot: civil litigation, Protective Orders, etc. Contact us for more information. Read More
Virginia Victim Assistance NetworkProvides services to victims of crime in VA & provides training to victim service professionals.
- Homicide Support Groups
- Legal Services
- Regional Crisis Response
- Human Trafficking & Victim Assistance Hotlines
Virginia Victim's Fund (VVF)Provides services to victims of crime that have out of pocket MEDICAL expenses related to the crime.
There are specific circumstances that would allow you to qualify for a VVF application. Please contact our office to find out more. Read More
Virginia VINELinkSearch for offenders in the LOCAL jail system.
- See which LOCAL facility offender is in
- Get notified of transfers or releases
- Can NOT provide info on juveniles, offenders in medical facilities OR offenders in state prisons