Simplified/Preliminary Site Plans
The Site Plan Process is a review process for new developments, expansions of existing developments, and changes in use, in order to verify that the necessary site improvements are installed in order to meet the requirements of the Isle of Wight County Zoning Ordinance.
There are two types of site plans; Simplified which a smaller plan with is less requirements generally for small changes, or expansions of the use or structure in question; and Preliminary which a more involved plan with greater requirements is generally for new uses or structures, or large expansions.
Simplified Site Plan
- A simplified site plan shall be submitted for a change or expansion of an agricultural, commercial, civic, office, industrial or miscellaneous use on an existing site.
- Simplified Site Plans are defined by Article 7, Section 2003 of the Isle of Wight County Zoning Ordinance, this section defines what qualifies as a Simplified Site Plan and what the requirements for submission are.
Preliminary Site Plan
- Preliminary Site Plans are defined by Article 7, Section 2004 of the Isle of Wight County Zoning Ordinance, this section defines what qualifies as a Preliminary Site Plan and what the requirements for submission are.
- Some Preliminary Site Plans may also require approval by the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors, these parties are responsible for reviewing plans which are asking for a waiver from the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Once a Preliminary Site Plan is approved it requires Final Site Plan Approval as defined by Article 7, Section 2008 of the Zoning Ordinance.
You can submit applications and plans via email to email@example.com (applications must be in one complete PDF file to submit digitally) or they can be submitted in our office between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Our address is 17140 Monument Circle, Suite 101, Isle of Wight VA 23397.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-365-6211.
**Please take a moment to complete the short survey at the following link. This will assist us in making sure we provide the best service possible.