Comprehensive Plan Amendment
A comprehensive plan amendment is the process of changing the land use designation from one classification to another as identified in the comprehensive plan. An amendment is needed in order to align the comprehensive plan designation with the proposed use of a parcel and is often done in conjunction with a rezoning.
Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process:
- Applicant schedules a pre-application meeting with County Staff to discuss the application and try to resolve any issues prior to beginning the process.
- Applicant submits a Comprehensive Plan Amendment application for staff review.
- Planning Commission holds public hearing in which request is open for public comment and discussed.
- Planning Commission moves application forward to Board of Supervisors with recommendation of approval or denial.
- Board of Supervisors holds public hearing in which request is open for public comment and discussed.
- Board of Supervisors either approves or denies the application. The land use designation is changed if the application is approved. The land use designation remains the same if the application is denied.
You can submit applications and plans via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications must be in one complete PDF file to submit digitally) or they can be submitted in our office between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Our address is 17140 Monument Circle, Suite 101, Isle of Wight VA 23397.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or call 757-365-6211.
**Please take a moment to complete the short survey at the following link. This will assist us in making sure we provide the best service possible.