All Sites are Closed on:
What can I recycle?
Please place the following acceptable materials into the “GREEN” Recycling Containers located at all County Refuse and Recycling Centers:
- Newspapers, Magazines, Catalogs
- Cardboard (please break down boxes)
- Paperboard (cereal, tissue, shoe boxes, etc.; please flatten and remove all plastic)
- Telephone and Soft Cover Books
- Junk Mail and Envelopes (all types)
- Paper (all colors – please remove rubber bands and plastic wrap.)
- Plastic bottles (marked #1 – #7)
- Soda, Juice, and Water Bottles (glass or plastic)
- Food Containers (cottage cheese, margarine, etc.)
- Glass Bottles and Jars (any color)
- Aluminum (pie plates, trays, foil, etc.)
- Metal Cans (tin, steel, aluminum)
- Milk Jugs, Bleach, Detergent, and Shampoo Bottles
Have additional items you’d like to recycle???
These materials can also be recycled at any of the 8 Refuse and Recycling Centers!
- Plastic Bags
- Electronic Equipment
- Scrap Metal
- Motor Oil
- Cooking Oil
- Yard Waste (leaves, sticks, and limbs 8” in diameter and no more than 8’ in length.)
Look for the special containers that are labeled for your convenience or see on-site Attendant for assistance.
To see our Recycling Brochure Please Visit:
For more information or if you are having trouble viewing the link, please call (757) 365-1658 or email SolidWaste@isleofwightus.net
Refuse and Recycling Centers Open For Recycling