Isle of Wight County, along with all other localities in the State of Virginia, utilizes the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (VUSBC). This is a document produced by the Virginia Board of Housing and Community Development.
It is based upon the model codes published by, The International Code Council (ICC). It is updated on a three year cycle along with each of the model codes. The current edition of the VUSBC is 2018 and the referenced model codes are as follows:
Be advised that as of July 1, 2021 we will be enforcing the 2018 Editions.
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential and Fire Prevention Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
Be advised that as of September 4, 2019 we will be enforcing the 2015 Editions.
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential and Fire Prevention Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code