Rezoning is the process of changing the Zoning on a parcel of land from one classification to another.
- The process normally involves having a pre-application meeting with County Staff to discuss the application and try to resolve any issues at the front end of the process.
- Next would be submitting a rezoning application, which if complete will be sent out for review by County and State agencies, there is a 30-day review time.
- After review if there are no outstanding issues the application will be advertised and sent to the Planning Commission, where it will be discussed and open for public comment.
- The Planning Commission has up to 100 days to act on the application, after which it will be forwarded to the Board of Supervisors with the Planning Commission’s recommendation of approval or denial.
- The Board will then review and discuss the application and it will again be open for public comment.
- The Board also has 100 days to act on the application.
- After which time the application will either be approved and a change in the Zoning of the parcel(s) will occur or the application will be denied and the Zoning would remain the same.
Prior to submitting and application, we recommend scheduling a pre-application meeting to review the application and discus any questions the applicant may have. Pre-application meetings are scheduled for the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 9 AM. Please call Economic Development at 757-365-6249 for meeting information.
You can submit applications and plans via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications must be in one complete PDF file to submit digitally) or they can be submitted in our office between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Our address is 17140 Monument Circle, Suite 101, Isle of Wight VA 23397.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or call 757-365-6211.
**Please take a moment to complete the short survey at the following link. This will assist us in making sure we provide the best service possible.