Document copies may be requested in person, through the mail or online.
Request Copies In Person:
To request copies in person please visit us during our normal business hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Copies are 50¢ per page and $2.00 for certification stamp per document.
Request Copies Through Mail:
To request copies through the mail, please send us a written request with your name, the document you are requesting (please include Reference Number, Case Number, Description of document, etc.), check or money order payable to Clerk of Court to cover the fee(s) and a self-addressed, stamped envelope for returning of documents.
Mail in your request to
Isle of Wight Circuit Court
P.O. Box 110
Isle of Wight, VA 23397
Copies are 50¢ per page and $2.00 for certification stamp per document. Please make check or money order payable to Clerk of Court.
Request Digital Copies Online:
Please visit www.clerkePass.com.
ClerkePass process allows citizens and other entities, to request documents online with click of a mouse and receive the documents the same day or next day digitally. This process uses Virginia’s digital signature statute to digitally certify the documents if requested.
Should additional support be needed, it is available at 1-800-207-6807
Image-X Enterprises, Inc. has developed this technology based on Virginia Statute Uniform Electronic Transactions Act CODE ANN.§ 59.1-485 to implement the electronic signature digital certificate system, ClerkePass.
When requesting documents online please keep in mind:
- We do not process orders for District Court documents. Please verify that your documents are filed in Circuit Court.
- Requested documents will be available online. THEY DO NOT COME IN YOUR U.S. MAIL.
- Documents will be valid for 30 days for Certified Document(s) 30 days and 60 days Non-Certified Document(s).
- Sealed or confidential documents are not available through this site.
- Document requests will be processed during the Circuit Court’s business days/hours. Document turnaround time will be 24 hours to 48 hours depending upon which day the order is placed.
- Older documents that must be retrieved from microfilm or archive may take more than 48 hours to be processed.
- YOU CANNOT USE OUR CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS AT THE SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE OR THE DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES. You will need an embossed or color-sealed copy obtained by a mail-in request to the Circuit Court Clerk for those agencies.