There are two types of roadway construction projects in Isle of Wight.
The first is projects that are administered by VDOT, out of the Suffolk District office or the Franklin Residency office. While the County may contribute funding to these projects to move them forward in the best interest of our citizens, these projects are completely managed by the State. County staff is included in project meetings to represent the County as a stakeholder, but these project follow VDOT’s policy and procedures as required state-wide.
Current VDOT-administered projects in Isle of Wight include:
- Route 621 (Passenger Swamp) and 680 (Stallings Creek) Bridge Rehabilitation
- Route 602 Pagan Creek Bridge Rehabilitation
- Route 258/Route 620 Intersection Improvements
- Route 58 Carrsville Bridge Replacement
- Route 460 Corridor Improvements
The second type of construction projects in Isle of Wight are Locally Administered Projects (LAP), which are carried out by your local Transportation Division staff. For a brief presentation on how the LAP program works in Isle of Wight, please see the recent Board of Supervisor’s update, here.
Current LAP projects in Isle of Wight include: **Project Updates Coming Soon***
- Benns Church Intersection Improvements
- Park-to-Park (Nike Park) Trail
- Windsor Sidewalk
- Smithfield Sidewalk
- Turner Drive Turn Lane
- Old Mill Signalization
- Unpaved Roads