Comprehensive Plan Update
Draft Plan ONLINE!
Review a digital draft of the Plan to see how your vision is shaping the future of Isle of Wight.
The draft of the Comprehensive Plan will be presented before our Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors. Those public hearings will tentatively occur Tuesday, November 26, and Thursday, December 12, respectively.
This website is intended to serve as the source for all the information you may need related to the Isle of Wight County Comprehensive Plan Update. Whether you want to view the current plan, learn about what a Comprehensive Plan is, view upcoming opportunities to provide your input, take our current survey, or get in touch with us about the plan and process you can do it here. Our goal is to provide you the information you need to make informed decisions as you provide your input during the development of the plan.
We plan to keep the site updated with new information as we move through the process. We will also be using the County social media accounts to put out updated information as well. Please like the County Facebook Page or Follow the County Twitter for updates. We also have both linked to this page for easy access and information.
Development of the Comprehensive Plan is estimated to take 24 months but may take longer as your input guides our process, we will try to adhere to the timeline as follows:
- June 1, 2017 – Joint Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors Meeting – 6:00 PM in the Robert C. Claud Sr. Board Room at the Isle of Wight County Courthouse Complex.
- June and July 2017 – Public Forum #1
- August 2017 – Summary of Public Forum #1
- September to December 2017 – Development of Land Use Scenarios
- January and February 2018 – Public Forum #2
- March and April 2018 – Summary of Public Forum #2
- May and June 2018 – Development and Refinement of Preferred Land Use Scenarios
- September and October 2018 – Public Forum #3
- November 2018 – Summary of Public Forum #3
- January 2019 to June 2019 – Final Land Scenario and Draft Plan Development, Editing, and Comment Period
- September 2019 to December 2019 – Community Input and Public Hearings