Pons Voters Please Note:
A Dual Primary Election will be held on June 13 for all voters in Isle of Wight County – Polls are open from 6 am until 7 pm Statewide
Absentee voting has already begun for voting in the upcoming primary election. In-person absentee voting is available in the registrar’s office located at 17106 Monument Circle, Isle of Wight from 9 am until 5 pm Monday through Friday. The last day to vote in-person absentee is June 10, and the last day to apply for an absentee ballot to be mailed is June 6. You can apply for an absentee ballot or check on your voter registration status by clicking here.
Do You Need to Register to Vote or Update Your Information?
To apply to register to vote online or to update your current voter registration click here.
The Isle of Wight Electoral Board holds a monthly board meeting at 2:00 pm on the first Wednesday of each month in the Registrar’s Office Conference Room. For more information, call 757-365-6230.
Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of photo identification (photo ID) when voting in person at their polling place. There are many different types of photo IDs that voters can use when they vote. All of the acceptable forms of photo ID can be used up to a year after ID has expired. These photo IDs include:
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Valid Virginia DMV-issued Veteran’s ID card
- Valid United States Passport
- Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by US Government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the Commonwealth)
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal ID issued by one of 11 tribes recognized by the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (must be from an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
- Valid student ID issued by a public school or private school in Virginia displaying a photo
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business
If you do not have an acceptable form of identification, please contact our office for a free ID. For more information, go to elections.virginia.gov or call 1-800-552-9745.
The Voter Registrar represents Isle of Wight and the Commonwealth of Virginia in matters pertaining to Voter Registration and Elections and represents the community by
- Working to ensure the integrity of the election process by maintaining an accurate voter registration list.
- Conducting elections under the guidance of the Electoral Board in accordance with Federal and State laws in an efficient and equitable manner to ensure fairness, accuracy and purity in all elections, including:
- Recruiting and training over 160 Officers of Election;
- Preparing 14 polling locations located throughout the County;
- Establishing a Central Absentee Voting Precinct for the 45 days preceding each General Election;
- Developing and delivering election materials;
- Testing and distributing election equipment;
- Providing information, materials, and assistance to candidates.
- Providing voter registration information and materials, maintaining web pages, distributing literature and developing programs specifically aimed at informing the public.
Another important mandate of the office is to “…educate the general public concerning registration and encourage registration by the general public.” (Section 24.2-114 of the Code of Virginia).
|Voter Registration||Absentee Voting|
|Voter Registration Application||Absentee Ballot Application|
|Election Calendar||Polling Places|
|Officer of Election Information||Electoral Board|
|Precinct Maps||Where Do I Vote?|