The Isle of Wight Electoral Board holds a monthly board meeting at 1:00pm on the first Wednesday of each month in the Registrar’s Office Conference Room. For more information, call 757-365-6230.
Please note – Upcoming Election:
On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 there will be a Primary Election held in Isle of Wight County for the 14th District of the Virginia State Senate. Polls will be open at 6:00 am and close at 7:00 pm. Absentee voting for this election is available at the Voter Registration Office located at 17106 Monument Circle, Isle of Wight, Virginia. Office is open from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This Primary only affects the following precincts: Windsor Precinct (partial – 1,293 voters), Walters Precinct (full – 1,073 voters), Carrsville Precinct (full – 783 voters), and Zuni Precinct (partial 1,420 voters). To find out if you live in the 14th State Senate District, please click here. You may also update your registration information by following this link. For more information, please contact our office at 757-365-6230.
Photo ID Required for Voting: Voter, are you ID Ready?
Voters must present one of the following acceptable forms of identification when voting, effective July 1, 2014:
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- DMV-issued photo identification card
- Valid United States Passport
- Valid Employee photo identification card
- Other Government-issued photo identification card
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (issuer must be an institution of higher education located in Virginia
If you do not have an acceptable form of identification, please contact our office for a free ID. For more information, go to sbe.virginia.gov or call 1-800-552-9745.
To apply to register to vote online or to update your current voter registration click here.
The Voter Registrar represents Isle of Wight and the Commonwealth of Virginia in matters pertaining to Voter Registration and Elections and represents the community by
- Working to ensure the integrity of the election process by maintaining an accurate voter registration list.
- Conducting elections under the guidance of the Electoral Board in accordance with Federal and State laws in an efficient and equitable manner to ensure fairness, accuracy and purity in all elections, including:
- Recruiting and training over 160 Officers of Election;
- Preparing 14 polling locations located throughout the County;
- Establishing a Central Absentee Voting Precinct for the 45 days preceding each General Election;
- Developing and delivering election materials;
- Testing and distributing election equipment;
- Providing information, materials, and assistance to candidates.
- Providing voter registration information and materials, maintaining web pages, distributing literature and developing programs specifically aimed at informing the public.
Another important mandate of the office is to “…educate the general public concerning registration and encourage registration by the general public.” (Section 24.2-114 of the Code of Virginia).
|Voter Registration||Absentee Voting|
|Voter Registration Application||Absentee Ballot Application|
|Election Calendar||Polling Places|
|Officer of Election Information||Electoral Board|
|Precinct Maps||Where Do I Vote?|