Virginia Election Law requires posting of notices and orders of election 100 days before the election:
Isle of Wight County will be holding a Democratic Party Primary Election on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 for the Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General. Voters are encouraged to vote in this election. The last day to make changes to your voter registration or to register to vote (if you are not currently registered) is May 20 for the June 11 Democratic Primary Election. Absentee voting by mail and in-person is currently available in our office on Monument Circle. The last day to vote absentee in-person will be June 8, and the last day to vote absentee by mail will be June 4.
The Voter Registrar represents Isle of Wight and the Commonwealth of Virginia in matters pertaining to Voter Registration and Elections and represents the community by
- Working to ensure the integrity of the election process by maintaining an accurate voter registration list.
- Conducting elections under the guidance of the Electoral Board in accordance with Federal and State laws in an efficient and equitable manner to ensure fairness, accuracy and purity in all elections, including:
- Recruiting and training over 160 Officers of Election;
- Preparing 14 polling locations located throughout the County;
- Establishing a Central Absentee Voting Precinct for the 45 days preceding each General Election;
- Developing and delivering election materials;
- Testing and distributing election equipment;
- Providing information, materials, and assistance to candidates.
- Providing voter registration information and materials, maintaining web pages, distributing literature and developing programs specifically aimed at informing the public.
Another important mandate of the office is to “…educate the general public concerning registration and encourage registration by the general public.” (Section 24.2-114 of the Code of Virginia).
|Voter Registration||Absentee Voting|
|Voter Registration Application||Absentee Ballot Application|
|Election Calendar||Polling Places|
|Meet Our Officers of Elections||Electoral Board|
|Precinct Maps||Where Do I Vote?|