Methods of Payment
1. Payments may be made by mail.*Isle of Wight County Public Utilities P. O. Box 108 Isle of Wight, VA 23397
*To avoid a late penalty, mail payment in ample time for it to be received in the Treasurer’s office by the due date. The postmark date is considered when posting receipt of payment.
2. Payments may be made in person at the Public Utilities Billing Office 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
3. Payments may be made online or by phone. Information on this option is available at PUBLIC UTILITIES ON-LINE PAYMENT OPTION . This service is available from any internet connection, 24 hours a day at www.co.isle-of-wight.va.us. It is important to note that Electronic Payment Service (EDS*PAY) has been selected as the service provider for on-line payments. The Treasurer’s Office DOES NOT charge additional fees to provide these payment options to its Citizens. However, Electronic Payment Service does assess convenience fees of $3.45 in association with conducting these transactions.
PAYMENTS MADE AFTER 2:00 PM CANNOT BE SEEN OR VERIFED UNTIL THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY AFTER 2:00 PM.
4. For your convenience we now have a payment drop box located at the outside entrance of the Treasurer’s office. This drop box is never closed and you may use it at anytime; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. For the convenience of our customers we now accept payments from the following credit cards: Master Card, Visa, Discover, and American Express. There will be a bank fee for this service. In order to find out the amount of the fee for your payment, please ask the Billing Technician.
For payment made in person or at the payment drop box, the office is located in the Isle of Wight County Courthouse Complex on Courthouse Highway (Hwy. 258). The physical address is:Treasurer’s Office 17090 Monument Circle, Suite 123 Isle of Wight, VA 23397
Avoiding Late Payment
The utility bill is due upon receipt. To avoid a late penalty of 10% and interest .83% a month, payment must be received in the Public Utilities office by the due date. If a payment has not been received by the due date, a Final Notice shall be mailed. Disconnection for nonpayment will take place following issuance of the Final Notice.