Marriage Licenses are obtained and recorded at the Clerk’s Office of the Circuit Court.
Please note the following information when applying for a Marriage License:
- Cost is $30 paid by cash, check, money order or credit card
- Both parties must be present
- Driver’s License or other photo ID Required
- Must know full names of parents
- License must be used within 60 days in the State of Virginia.
To request a certified copy of a marriage license issued in Isle of Wight County, please complete the Marriage License Request Form and mail to the Clerk’s Office along with a self addressed stamped envelope for returning and payment for copies requested. Certified copies of marriage licenses are $2.50 per copy.
Isle of Wight Circuit Court accepts the following payments: Cash, Checks, Money Orders, Visa and MasterCard.
Please be aware that we charge a convenience fee for the use of a credit card. In accordance with Va. Code §19.2-353.3, returned checks and credit cards will be assessed an additional fee of $50.00 or ten percent of the value of the dishonored payment, whichever is greater.