Marriage Licenses are obtained and recorded at the Clerk’s Office of the Circuit Court.
Please note the following information when applying for a Marriage License:
- Cost is $30 paid by cash, check, money order or credit card
- Both parties must be present
- Driver’s License or other photo ID Required
- If under 18, a parent must be present with ID and minor’s birth certificate
- Must know full names of parents
- License must be used within 60 days in the State of Virginia.
If either male or female is under age sixteen (16), a license can be issued by the Clerk of the Circuit Court, or the court, wherein the female resides, if the female is pregnant, or has been pregnant within the past nine months if verified by a doctor’s certificate and if the consent of a parent or guardian is given. See Va. Code § 20-48.
To request a certified copy of a marriage license issued in Isle of Wight County, please complete the Marriage License Request Form and mail to the Clerk’s Office along with a self addressed stamped envelope for returning and payment for copies requested. Certified copies of marriage licenses are $2.50 per copy.